Thursday, May 20, 2010

RIMMEL London Lycra Pro nail polish

I've tested out Rimmels Lycra Pro nail polish. The colour of my choice was 319 Ruby Me.


Rimmel have designed a new Maxi brush for a mistake free application. The brush was a little odd to use first off but after a couple of strokes the wider brush wasn't so bad. If you are wanting to use this polish for half moon nails, i'd think again. the wider brush would only suit a full coloured nail. It did how ever do what it said and leave a nice, stroke free finish.


Drying time was also quite good. It only took a few mintues and it was touch dry. This is really important for me with a busy family. The formula is suppose to last 10 days. So far im on Day 2 and there are no chips. I'm pretty hard on my nails and would expect a few chips by now.


I was a little disapointed with the solidness of the colour. For me its a little sheer. I ran over with 3 coats and it gave it a fairly descent cover but I can still see through it. The polish was also fairly matte compaired to its counter parts. So if you are after a more vintage matte finish, this is the polish for you. But a glossy top coat easily added some shine.

Overall I was pretty happy with it.


* Priceline have buy 3 for the price of 2 Rimmel products (see priceline for details)

There was a wide variety of pretty colours in the range. Check out Rimmels website for more colours

No comments:

Post a Comment